Here is the general toolchain I use for my current TS (TypeScript) projects:
- TypeScript - The TypeScript compiler
- typings - Type definition manager
- Type Doc - Documentation generator
- Require.js - AMD style module manager, used to cope with dependencies inside the browser
- Angular.js - Single page application framework
Optional when working with a larger team:
- TSLint - Style convention verifier
For Node.JS projects we use:
- npm - package manager for JS libraries with accompanying
package.json configuration of projects.
"scripts"is used for build tasks instead of gulp.
- socket.io - Similar to SignalR for .NET, provides a near real-time network solution over TCP. High productivity.