Zolomon’s Page of Useful Emacs Tricks
C-q C-jto insert a newline, can be used in
M-x eval-expression, look here for an example.
C-x r lto list,
C-x r mto make a new bookmark and
C-x r bto jump to a bookmark. Both files and directories can be bookmarked.
- Neotree, a tree directory visualizer
- Projectile, working with files in projects
- Popwin, use popups instead of buffers
- switch-window, choose buffers by number
- Hyde, working with Jekyll
- Auto-fill-mode: Automatically insert whitespace at
- Rename files with
- Occur: to search for lines in a buffer matching a regexp.
- web-mode: to work with web related stuff.
C-c C-fto fold tags.
Copy the whole buffer
Wrapping text according to
If you have text that you would like to be formatted, use
M-q which by default is bound to